[Bio-software] COPASI Release Candidate 1

Pedro Mendes mendes at vbi.vt.edu
Tue Feb 21 16:59:52 EST 2006

We are pleased to announce the availability of COPASI Release Candidate 1
(Build 17), a biochemical modeling software package, available at
http://www.copasi.org . COPASI is the successor to the popular Gepasi
software and it exists as a native application for all major operating
systems (Linux, Windows, OS X, and Solaris). COPASI is free for
non-commercial use, and will be published as open source at the time of its
full release. Major features of this software are:

 - stochastic time course simulation
 - deterministic (ODE) time course simulation
 - steady state analysis (including stability)
 - metabolic control analysis
 - elementary mode analysis
 - mass conservation analysis
 - parameter scans
 - optimization of arbitrary objective functions
 - parameter estimation from experimental data (time course and/or steady
state experiments)
 - sliders for interactive parameter changes
 - global parameter to change multiple kinetic rates at once
 - imports and exports SBML (export level 2, import all levels)
 - loads Gepasi files
 - command line version for batch processing

This version added parameter estimation and global parameters, as well as a
number of other features, and bug fixes.

COPASI Release Candidate 1 is a test version, so we expect that it may still
have some errors. We ask all users to report these errors to us by emailing
to <bugs at copasi.org>

COPASI is written by Stefan Hoops, Sven Sahle, Ralph Gauges, Ursula Kummer,
Pedro Mendes, and many others at the Virginia Bioinformatics Institute
(Blacksburg) and the EML Research (Heidelberg)