[Bio-software] New tool - NXSensor - needs testing

Ivan Bajic ibajic at sfu.ca
Tue Jan 31 19:02:58 EST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

We have developed a web-based tool called NXSensor that determines where
nucleosomes are likely to be positioned within the input DNA sequence. In an
attempt to find any remaining bugs before submitting the corresponding paper
in mid-February, we are asking for your help. We would appreciate if you
could test the tool and let us know what you think about it. The link is

http://www.sfu.ca/~ibajic/NXSensor/

You can input a single sequence (FASTA format), or do batch processing by
inputting a group of sequences.  NXSensor stands for Nucleosome eXclusion
Sequence sensor. The algorithm was developed based on data from the human
genome, and we have used it mostly on promoter regions, but we see no reason
why it shouldn't work on other sequences, and on other eukaryotic genomes as
well. Any feedback would be welcome, and we will acknowledge your help on
NXSensor website.

If you know of other colleagues who would like to test NXSensor, please
forward this email.

With thanks and best regards,

Ivan Bajic
Sawsan Khuri
Peter Luykx

Ivan V. Bajic
Assistant Professor, School of Engineering Science
Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1S6, Canada
Tel: 1-604-268-7159, Fax: 1-604-291-4951
E-mail: ibajic at sfu.ca