[Bio-software] Re: Consed: combine amplicons of same individual

Marian Thieme marian.thieme at lycos.de
Mon Oct 9 03:49:53 EST 2006

Hello Bastien,

as you already supposed correctly I have many different individuals.
Sorry, I didnt point out, that I would like to align each amplicon
against a reference sequence. Therefore each amplicon can correctly
placed in the editor/browser. Furthermore I could imagine, that the
browser combines fragments implicitly, because it only needs to check
some pattern in the amplicon's filename (for instance) and put all
amplicons in the same line, where the pattern occurs. Hence we actualy
dont need to make a big assembly, or not ? and the main task is to align
all the sequences to a reference sequence, when aligned correctly, then
the sequence of each individual should assembled implicitly. Make sense ?
(I also tested staden package a little bit, but I found it difficult to
incorporate a reference sequence, because you first need to create trace
files in both directions, but I dont think this makes much sense,
because I get the reference sequence as fasta file without trace data.
Unlike staden, consed is able to do that (with crossmatch))