[Bio-software] Question regrading three dimensional MDS plot - Please Help !

ftf great via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by greatking420 from yahoo.com)
Mon May 21 21:14:01 EST 2007

Hello everyone,
  I have used bionumerics software for the analysis of fingerprinting data (similarity matirx of presence and absence of bands). I have a technical question reagrding the Multi Dimensional Scaling plot. I have attached a picture for viewing. I don't understand what each axis (X,Y,Z) stands for in a three dimensional MDS plot ? the clustering of objects within the three dimensional space is easy to understand as they are clusterd according to their simmilarities or dis-similarities. However, I am not able to understand what each axis represents. I would really appreciate if any one you could provide your expertise in answering this question
  Best Regrards,
  Faisal Farooq
  M.Sc Apllied Sciecne Candiate
  Saint Mary's University