[Bio-software] EBOX motif analysis

Aneesh Krishna via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by krishna.aneesh from gmail.com)
Tue Jun 24 23:43:34 EST 2008

Hi Shobit,

To locate or search for any kind of such patterns there are online tools
There are tools which take in the pattern as a regular expression and looks
for the pattern in the input sequence.

You can use DREG (http://bioinfo.hku.hk/EMBOSS/) This is a part of NUCLEIC
MOTIFS in the EMBOSS package.

The program requires 2 input.
1. Input Sequence: The user's sequence
2. Regular expression pattern: CA[CG][CG]TG

The output will locate the positions of the E-box in the input sequence.

I hope this will serve the purpose.