[Bio-software] Re: CFP/Bursary Awards- eCheminfo Community of Practice InterAction Meeting/India 08

bathina.sekhar from gmail.com via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by bathina.sekhar from gmail.com)
Mon Nov 3 01:33:46 EST 2008

On Sep 11, 9:55 am, Robby <Rob.Reed... from douglasconnect.com> wrote:
> I am posting details for the eCheminfo Community of Practice
> InterAction Meeting in December 2008 in Hyderabad, India.  Please note
> that the deadline to apply for bursaries is September 19, 2008.
>
> Latest Advances in Drug Discovery Modelling & Informatics
>
> eCheminfo Community of Practice InterAction Meeting
> December 19-20, 2008
> International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India
>
> Pre-Conference Workshop - Drug Discovery Design Methods &
> Applications  (December 15 – 18)
>
> Conference Link:http://echeminfo.colayer.net/COMTY_hyderabadconference
>
> Themes: Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics, Medicinal Chemistry, Drug
> Discovery Innovation, Structure-based Drug Design, Screening, Docking,
> Structural Biology, Predictive Toxicology, Predictive ADME
>
> Conference Sessions: Biophysical Simulation Applications, Neglected
> Diseases Applications, Drug Discovery Informatics, Predictive ADME/
> Toxicology
>
> We invite contributed papers from members of academic, government
> research and commercial organizations on areas of new research and
> innovation involving drug discovery research informatics. The work
> presented should involve innovative new method development or
> application to drug discovery problems and involving methods from
> computational chemistry, computational biology, cheminformatics or
> bioinformatics. Studies including experimental work in medicinal
> chemistry, screening, experimental toxicology, pre-clinical
> evaluation, lead optimisation and translational medicine are welcome.
>
> Abstracts (300-500 words) should be submitted to echeminfo -[at]-
> douglasconnect.com by 19 September 2008, and be accompanied by a short
> biography of the presenting author (300-500 words). Abstracts approved
> by the scientific organizing committee will be selected for scheduling
> on the conference program and in meeting poster sessions. Authors will
> be notified of acceptance as soon as a review of submitted materials
> takes place and at the latest by 30 September 2008.
>
> Bursary Awards
> Bursary Awards will be used to support the attendance of a selection
> of academic young investigators at the meeting. Applicants can be
> working in any area of research related to drug discovery at the
> postdoctoral, graduate student and senior undergraduate levels.
>
> To apply for the bursary please send an email with a) your abstract
> and biography (300-500 words each), b) your CV of 1-2 pages, c) a
> short description of your interests and career motivations related to
> drug discovery (300-500 words) to echeminfo -[at]- douglasconnect.com
> by 19 September 2008. The recipients of the bursary awards will be
> selected based on an evaluation of the quality and innovation of the
> described research and the potential positive impact of attendance at
> the meeting on their research and career progress. Authors will be
> notified of acceptance by 30 September 2008.

> [...]

Hi Robby

i followed this link to get more info on the conference. it says that
the event is in December 09 . is this correct as my assumption is that
it is going to be in Dec 08. Pl clarfiy !!!

i live in hyderabad and run a pre-clinical CRO by name Clintox
Bioservices

thanks

sekhar