[Bio-software] Trend in Bioinformatics

Raghava via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by raghavagps from gmail.com)
Mon Dec 7 10:29:10 EST 2009

Dear Colleagues
It is important for all bioinformaticians to know the need of
biologist as our major role is to assist biologist in solving their
problem. There is a need of better coordination between user
(biologist) and service providers (bioinformaticians). Please give
your input, your input is important for the development of the field.

Our group is working in the filed of bioinodmatics ( http://www.imtech.res.in.raghava/
). We are interested to know the trend in bioinformatics, I mean what
are the hot problems one should address. We have capability to develop
databases, software and web services, we wish to address new and
challenging problems. I will highly appreciate if members of this
group suggest major challenges faced by researchers working in the
filed of biology/pharma which bioinformaticians can
address.  Thanks for your help.

Raghava

# Dr G P S Raghava (FASc, FNASc), Head Bioinformatics Centre   #
# Institute of Microbial Technology, Sector-39A, Chandigarh, India  #
# Phone: +91-172-2690557, Fax: +91-172-2690632
#
# Eadd: http://www.imtech.res.in/raghava/   ragh... from imtech.res.in #