[Bio-software] Re: GeneJockey

Philipp Pagel via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by pDOTpagel from wzw.tum.de)
Sat Oct 24 09:12:04 EST 2009

MehdiM <mehdi.mpour from gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> Our group has used the GeneJockey for sequence analysis in the past.
> Now that the program is no longer supported, we need to be able to use
> the files generated by GeneJockey in other programs. How do I do that?
> I have copied the files to another computer and tried to change the
> file format by changing the extension (suffix) to others and tried to
> open with CLC workbench, but it failed. Converting to .txt generated
> strange figures and letters. Are we doomed to keep the old Mac with
> the old program for ever?

Well, changing the extension of a file does not magically convert it to another
format. If you cannot find a programm that understands the files created by
your old software you will have to open them with the old program and export
to a more generally understood format (assuming that GeneJockey is able to
export to other formats).

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl f. Genomorientierte Bioinformatik