[Bio-software] Converting Clustal alignment to a single consensus sequence

Duncan Clark via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by blackhole from abuse.plus.com)
Fri Jan 15 11:50:27 EST 2010

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know of software or a web page that will take a Clustal .aln
file and simply spew out a single consensus sequence?

I have an alignment of thirty 2000bp nucleotide sequences and ideally
want to simply stick a single letter consensus sequence into an
isothermal primer design program.

At the moment we are generating the consensus sequence by hand but it's
a pain to do!

Thanks

Duncan
they go flying by.