[Bio-software] Re: Help for software about genome sequences

Mikhail Fursov via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by mike.fursov from gmail.com)
Fri May 7 11:45:09 EST 2010

What algorithm do you use to locate your gene?
If you already have coordinates of the gene you can use the following
scenario with free UGENE (http://ugene.unipro.ru) tool to find primers
in the region of interest:

1) Open you Genbank file
2) Navigate to the gene location
3) Select the sequence area you want find primers with mouse move
4) Call 'Analyze->Find primers' from the context menu

Hope it helps.