[Bio-software] New software release: Unipro UGENE v1.7.0

Mikhail Fursov via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by mike.fursov from gmail.com)
Mon May 24 09:24:05 EST 2010

After about 2 months of active development we proud to announce a new
version of popular open-source bioinformatics tool: Unipro UGENE

The new release includes
* Initial version of the long awaited DNA assembly functionality.
* It is possible to use command line version of UGENE in complex
scripts and shell scenarios. There are useful prebuilt scenarios
available: align, convert, find repeats etc.
* New advanced sequence analysis algorithm based on weight matrices;
* Circular view improvements: zooming, rotating and more;
* Support for advanced search options of NCBI BLAST in redesigned
Remote Query plugin.
* Alignment logo feature;
* New fancy widget: global sequence overview;
* Tree viewer is re-worked: stand-alone interface, new visualization
modes.
* GFF format now supports write option
* New scripting framework is introduced
and a lot more...

Learn more about the changes in our Youtube podcast episodes
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/uniprougene#p/a/u/1/Onr2Y7qqi7k
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/uniprougene#p/a/u/0/XEUPTvKgoEg