[Bio-software] Alignment format question

Vince Mulholland via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by Vince.Mulholland from sasa.gsi.gov.uk)
Fri Oct 1 03:34:33 EST 2010

I want to use a program called Primer Express (version 2.0, Applied
Biosystems) to design allele-specific PCR primers.
It requires an alignment, and the format of this alignment is one I've
never come across. It is a "LAyO" format alignment
(file extension .lay) produced by the Applied Biosystems program
Sequence Navigator. We don't have this program, and
I was wondering if anyone could point me to an alternative program that
I could use to produce an alignment in this format.

Thanks,
Vince Mulholland