[Bio-software] New Free Molecular Graphics and Presentation Software
(by andy from molsoft.com)
Mon Oct 11 18:35:11 EST 2010
*New Free Molecular Graphics and Presentation Software: Create and
Display Fully-Interactive 3D Molecular Documents in PowerPoint, on
the web, and in a standalone multiplatform browser.*
MolSoft <http://www.molsoft.com/> is excited to announce the release of
a new *free* version of ICM-Browser
<http://www.molsoft.com/icm_browser.html> and the ActiveICM
<http://www.molsoft.com/activeicm.html> plugin. ICM-Browser contains
enhancements which allow you to *create and** save **fully-interactive
3D molecular documents* to display in *PowerPoint and the Web* (see some
These new features make it easy to communicate chemical and protein
structures clearly and effectively. The ICM-Browser technology is
already being used by PLoS ONE
PLoS Biology, and Molecular & Cellular Proteomics journals for
publishing, and pharmaceutical companies and academic labs use it for
data sharing and high-quality molecular graphics. The SGC have been key
in guiding MolSoft's development of this software and they use
ICM-Browser technology to present their data
the public. The software runs on *Linux, Mac, and Windows*.
*The new features include:*
* Build and save fully-annotated and interactive 3D molecules and
display them in Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
* Display fully interactive molecules in Windows PowerPoint.
* Display ligand pocket surfaces colored by binding property.
* Add and optimize hydrogens to a PDB structure.
* Calculate and display hydrogen bonds.
* Generate and display molecule surfaces.
* Display transparent surfaces.
* Save publication quality molecular graphics files in a variety of
*It is easy to get started:*
1. Click here <http://www.molsoft.com/getbrowser.cgi> to download the
ICM-Browser software and click here
to download the ActiveICM plugin.
2. Follow the documentation and videos here:
a. ICM-Browser User Guide
<http://www.molsoft.com/gui/ICM-Browser-How-To.html> for instructions on
all the graphics features.
b. ActiveICM User Guide
<http://www.molsoft.com/gui/how-to-activeicm.html> for instructions on
how to display in PowerPoint and Web Browsers.
*Free Online Webinars:*
Please join us at one of our free webinars which demonstrate the new
features in ICM-Browser. Please register here.
*All the features in the previous version of ICM-Browser remain
* Powerful PDB search and download options.
* Full links to UniProt and PFam
* Label residues, atoms, and variables.
* 2D and 3D annotation.
* Measure and display distances and angles.
* Protein superposition.
* View and make high resolution images of alignments.
Contact Andrew Orry Ph.D. (andy<at>molsoft.com) 858-625-2000 x108
More information about the Bio-soft