[Bio-software] Distance learning courses using R

Heather Vincent via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Mon Jan 10 02:40:23 EST 2011

Members of this group might be interested in one or more of the online
courses offered by the University of Manchester, UK.  The courses can be
taken as individual units, or for credits towards a Masters degree.

The modules running next semester, from March 2011, include :

Mathematics for metabolic modelling
and
Introduction to microarray data analysis

'Mathematics for metabolic modelling' is a practical course, designed to
help biologists to understand mathematical approaches to modelling
biological systems. It is intended to prepare people for our more
advanced course in computational systems biology, which will run again
in October 2011.  Students are introduced to R, which is then used for
the practical exercises.

In 'Introduction to microarray data analysis' course participants learn
to use Bioconductor for the practical work.  The course also includes an
optional section on RNA-seq.

For further information, please visit our programme website :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html

If you have any questions, or would like advice on the options, please
contact the office for Advanced Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).