[Bio-software] UGENE v1.11 released!
(by mike.fursov from gmail.com)
Fri Jun 1 05:38:16 EST 2012
The latest UGENE 1.11 version is a major release that provides dozens
of new features (major and minor), bug fixes and a set of usability
and other improvements.
The major changes are:
* The Sequence View was extended with an options panel. It shows
interactive information about a selected sequence region, allows you
to easily set up the annotation types' properties (for example
annotations' colors) and to search for a pattern in a sequence.
* Now you can now calculate a consensus sequence for assembly data in
the Assembly Browser, using either a simple default algorithm or an
algorithm from SAMtools. Also, it is now possible to highlight paired
reads and SNP in assembly data.
* Another minor handy feature is the possibility to add bookmarks in
the Assembly Browser.
* To create more sophisticated workflows in the Workflow Designer you
can use new data flow elements Grouper and Multiplexer.
* An mRNA-to-genomic alignment program Spidey was embedded into UGENE
as an external tool.
* UGENE 64-bit version is now available for Windows.
To overview the changes you can watch "Whats new in UGENE 1.11"
podcast episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2bwKV7o2Kg
The full list of changes can be found in the bug tracker:
More information about the Bio-soft