[Bio-software] NETTAB 2018: Call for posters and software demoes -
deadline is approaching
(by paolo.romano from hsanmartino.it)
Tue Sep 11 07:53:37 EST 2018
this is reminder that the deadline for the submission of abstracts for posters for next NETTAB 2018 workshop is set to next Sunday September 16, 2018.
See the Instructions for authors here below.
Devoted to the FAIR approach, tools and applications in bioinformatics, it is for sure one of the best programmes set up for a NETTAB workshop.
I invite everybody to have a careful look at the programme at http://www.igst.it/nettab/2018/programme/scientific-programme/ .
Here is a quick summary of the programme.
* Are we FAIR yet? And will it be worth it?
Michel Dumontier, University of Maastricht, The Netherlands
* FAIR data, tools and workflows: a user perspective
Frederik Coppens, VIB, University of Gent, Belgium, & ELIXIR Belgium
* ELIXIR Core Data Resources: FAIR, community and impact
Christine Durinx, Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Switzerland
* Challenges in adopting FAIR principles in Training
Patricia Palagi, Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Switzerland
* Paradigm shifts in health informatics needed for leveraging FAIR data environments
Amnon Shabo, The International Academy of Health Sciences Informatics
* A FAIR approach to Research Data Stewardship and Data Stewardship Planning - Guest Lecture
Rob Hooft, Dutch Techcentre for Life Sciences - DTLS, The Netherlands
* BioExcel & ELIXIR: towards interoperable and reproducible biomolecular research workflows
Adam Hospital, IRB Barcelona, Spain
* FAIR data and EOSC: Strategy for finding and accessing datasets at EOSC
Rafael Jimenez, ELIXIR Europe, United Kingdom
* Standards and SOP implementation in the life-sciences research: a snapshot from the CA CHARME
Domenica D'Elia, CNR/ITB, Bari, Italy
* From rare to FAIR data in the rare disease community
Marco Roos, Leiden University Medical Centre - LUMC, The Netherlands
* Bioschemas, a lightway approach to enable FAIRer data resources
Leyla Jael Garcia Castro, Ricardo Arcila, Rafael Jimenez, Victoria Dominguez del Angel
Organized in collaboration with ELIXIR.
* The ELIXIR Data Stewardship Wizard - how to guide life science researchers towards FAIR data management
Rob Hooft, Vojtěch Knaisl, Jan Slifka
Organized by ELIXIR-NL and ELIXIR-CZ.
* Adopting Open Source Software FAIR Practices
Allegra Via and Mateusz Kuzak
Organized by ELIXIR-IIB
I hope that many of you will take this occasion to present their work and I'm looking forward to meeting you in Genoa soon.
All the best. Paolo Romano
Building a FAIR Bioinformatics environment
Genova, October 22-24, 2018
Instructions for authors
Abstracts for posters and software demonstrations must be submitted as PDF files through EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=nettab2018 .
Accepted abstracts must then be revised and resubmitted for inclusion in the Proceedings.
No Copyright form or permission is required for abstracts, since proceedings won't be officially published.
Authors of all works presented at the workshop will be invited to a Call for papers for a Special Issue in an International Journal with IF.
Instructions for the preparation of the abstract:
* page size: A4; all margins: 2cm; paragraphs justified; single line spacing
* font: Arial (or Helvetica); sizes: title 14pts; authors' names 11pts; affiliations 10pts; section headings 12pts; body text 11pts; bibliography 10pts
* length: max 2 pages for posters and software demos
* sections: Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusions (omit for posters and software demos), References
* tables and figures: include one per type, only when needed
Templates for MS Word<http://www.igst.it/nettab/2016/files/2016/05/NETTAB2016_shortTemplateForAbstracts.docx> and LaTeX<http://www.igst.it/nettab/2016/files/2016/06/Latex-template-abstract-NETTAB.txt> (renamed as txt for security reasons) are available at http://www.igst.it/nettab/2018/submissions/instructions-for-authors/ .
are due within Sunday September 16, 2018.
A short delay may be acceptable, please get in touch wit the organizers at nettab.workshops from gmail.com<mailto:nettab.workshops from gmail.com> .
Instructions for the preparation of posters
The maximum poster size is A1 in portrait format, i.e. 84,1 cm (height) x 59,4 cm (width).
Note that posters will be displayed on a limited number of panels: it is essential that all posters are printed in the appropriate format.
Presenters are invited to attend their poster when possible and to leave their contact information near to the poster.
Ospedale Policlinico San Martino
Email: paolo.romano from hsanmartino.it - paolo.dm.romano from gmail.com
More information about the Bio-soft