<P>I just improved Cbase so that it now actually works...we didnt use it
so much in the lab before and therefore we were a little bit slow to find
the bugs..However, you will find a much improved program.
<P>What is it :
<BR>It's a recipe database program that is coupled to a chemical database.
You can make recipies based on chemicals (g/mol) , stock solutions (mol/l)
or compounds specified by activity (units/mg).
<P>How to use it :
<BR><A HREF="http://home.interlynx.net/~lthomsen/cbase.htm">Click here
for explanation (also download page)</A>
<P>Basically you simply type in the chemical name or the chemical formula.
Typing ENTER or using the ARROW keys will force a lookup routine to locate
the chemical in the database and provide the recipe with the remaining
information. If the chemical doesnt exist you are prompted if you want
to enter it as a new chemical...
<P>What is good about the program :
<BR>It has excellent printouts that are very helpful when making the recipies.
e.g. the location of the chemical is printed onto the recipe.
<P>All calculations are done. Its easy to swap between different units...with
<P>Several useful chemical calculators (dilutions etc...)
<P>What is not so good :
<BR>If you add much more that three chemicals then the update slows down...but
that is only a one time event...when the recipe is in the database then
it scrolls really fast between the different recipies...The reason is that
I used bound controls and that is slower than making everything in code...sorry
<P>Its only a demo that allows you to enter up to 15 chemicals...but that
should be enough to determine if you really like it or not...