unresolved bug on OSF1 3.0
jecop at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 13 06:09:02 EST 1995
I have an error when retrieving a large swissprot entry from the EBI SRS
server. I tried the same on the Sanger, Heidelberg, and Basel servers,
and there everything works fine. So I guess this will be system dependent
I run SRS4.04 on Alpha OSF1 rel 3.0.
Does anyone else have the same configuration?
In that case try
on your server
On my machine, this ends like
FT WITH INS-RES DIABETES MELLITUS).
FT VARIANT 762 762 R -> S (IN INS-RES ACANTHOSIS NIGRICANS).
FT VARIANT 1012 1012 V -> M (
Missing part of the feature table and all of the sequence
o Problem exists in SRS4_02 and SRS4_04
o Sometimes I get the error message "error parsing mark, bailing out"
on the controlling terminal. I have no idea where this comes from
o Changing the format to fasta/gcg/swissprot changes the position of the
o Get the same problem with Netscape, Mosaic, lynx
Running Mosaic on Alpha with OSF1 3.0 or 3.2 or Decstation with Ultrix
does not change the problem.
o When running wgetz from the commandline, the full entry is retrieved.
Saving this to a file and loading in Mosaic, displays the full entry
o Commenting the SWISSPROT_FEATURE hyperlink in hyperlink.sdl does not
solve the problem. It even truncates the entry more.
o While tracing this problem, I found several other small bugs. I will
report the changes in a seperate post.
. O . Jeroen Coppieters
. O O o O . Software Support
O O O O *o O O Jeroen.Coppieters at embl-ebi.ac.uk
O O O O( *o )O O (or jecop at ebi.ac.uk)
)O O O O o* O O( ++44 1223 494422
O O O O( o* )O O
)O O O O *o O O( EMBL Outstation EBI
O O O O( *o )O O (European Bioinformatics Institute)
)O @ O O o* O O( Hinxton Hall
O O O( o* )O(' Hinxton
` O( *o O ' Cambridge CB10 1RQ
` O ' UK
More information about the Bio-srs