on my SunOS4 w/ gcc 2.6.2, "query > newlib" gives bus error

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Wed Mar 29 16:29:26 EST 1995

Has anyone seen this kind of failure using SRS?

  sunflower%  getz '[prosite-def:tubulin] > prositedoc'
  Bus error

This bus error happens whenever I try a ">" query that should work.
getz w/o a ">" works.  This happens on two Sun Sparcs with SunOS 4.1.3,
using gcc compiler v2.6.2.  It does not happen on a Sun Sparc
with Solaris 2 using Sun's CC compiler.  I've tried this with
clean releases of srs_4.0, 4.02 and 4.03, with links between
swissprot & prosite, with links b/n prosite & prositedoc, &
with rebase, and links with genbank, etc.  All give the same problem.

If someone has this working on a Sun Sparc/Sunos4.1.3 with some
version of gcc, I might suspect the version of gcc I have installed.

Thanks, Don

PS. After some quick modifications last weekend I have SRS working
on Macintoshes.

-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomington--gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu