SRS on Mac and PC

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Fri Mar 31 19:36:28 EST 1995

>which configuration/compiler was used? I'd be interested in Think C.

CodeWarrior, of course.
There is a compiler-dependent trick involved in getting this to
work right on Macs.  Mac and Unix are at odds about what a newline
character is: 0x0D on a Mac, and 0x0A on Unix.  I had problems until
I use a compiler switch for Codewarrior, which is also standard w/
MPW, to make 0x0d == '\n'.  You also have to link w/ libraries in
Codewarrior built /w this option, which wasn't available until CW version 5.
Last time I used Think C, it didn't have a newline option like this.
You could still get SRS to work but you would have to make all the
data & sdl files have 0x0A as newlines, and they wouldn't look good
in standard mac editors.

-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomington--gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu