yet another bug in SRS

Peter Rice pmr at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Mar 15 04:38:23 EST 1996


In article <31487E33.41C6 at embl-heidelberg.de> Thure Etzold <etzold at embl-heidelberg.de> writes:
>   gbottu at ben.vub.ac.be (Guy Bottu) writes:
>   >When I search in TFSITE for Y$ENO2_03 in the ID field with the Makewild
>   >option turned of, I find the entry. However, when I search for Y$EN or
>   >Y$ENO2_03 with the Makewild option turned on, I find nothing. In fact
>   >the interface passes to the program an instruction to search for
>   >" [TFSITE-ID:y$eno2_03]" instead of " [TFSITE-ID:y$eno2_03*]".
>
>   i haven't noticed that before ...but it must have been there all the
>   time and i could reproduce it ....there is now obvious reason so
>   i need do some debugging - will post a fix soon

Bet it has something to do with the dollar sign. If so, it's lucky
that SwissProt dropped them. Looking for "*$*" in other databases
seems to find every entry, regardless of whether there is a dollar
in the name.

All Fred Blattner's E.coli sequence in EMBL has entry names beginning
with "ECU" and SRS finds them perfectly. Ah, I forgot. It's called
the "EURO" now so it doesn't count as an example. Well, it finds
entries with "NEURO" in the name so it's still OK :-)
--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Rice                           | Informatics Division
E-mail: pmr at sanger.ac.uk             | The Sanger Centre
Tel: (44) 1223 494967                | Hinxton Hall, Hinxton,
Fax: (44) 1223 494919                | Cambs, CB10 1RQ
URL: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/~pmr/   | England




More information about the Bio-srs mailing list