srscheck bug

etzold etzold at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 10 08:39:42 EST 1997


Guy Bottu wrote:
> 
> In this newslist have already appeared several messages about the
> problems that arise when you have two databanks that share the same
> $libformat like EMBL and EMBLNEW. Here is another one : srscheck writes
> an srsupdate script where the line of the type
> 
> srsbuild EMBLNEW ' id acc des gen dat ... ' -xdir 'SRSINX:' -odir
> 'SRSINX:' -s 'unix'
> 
> is missing. This is not a great problem, since usually the only
> databanks that share a $libformat are the major release and the updates
> of the same databank and you do not need to index them together very
> often.


I discovered an obvious problem in srscheck (still a 'legacy' from srs4)
and suggest to change SRSSOU:srscheck.c in the following way


    add the function CheckLibInit


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
static void CheckLibInit (SLBo *lib)
{
  SLBoFIELD *field;
  Int4 k;

  for (k=0; (field=LibNextField (lib, &k)); k++) {
    field->done_f=0;
    field->do_f=0;
  }
}
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    after 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/*******************************************************************************
**
** Set of functions to set flags of different types for the field
object.
** Utilizes flags in the field objects that are normally used in other
contexts.
**
*/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    add the prototype of this function

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
static void CheckLibInit (SLBo *lib);
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    after


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
static void CheckInfoDel (CHECKoInfo **ci);
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    and finally call the function

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      CheckLibInit (lib);
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   before

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ci = CheckInfoNew (lib);
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


   and do

srsmake srscheck

I didn't test whether this really improves anything - please let me know


regards
thure




More information about the Bio-srs mailing list