SRS version 5.0.5
etzold at ebi.ac.uk
Mon May 5 18:01:35 EST 1997
Version 5.0.5 is the first version where all buttons and hypertext
links in SRSWWW should be functional. This includes the SAVE button!
We added a command line option for wgetz that will allow us to
download all information about all databanks of your server. The reports
from all servers will be compiled into a searchable database of
that will replace the 'status page' of SRS4. Please create .it files for
databanks you add (see 'SRSDB:template.it' and 'SRSDB:swissprot.it' for
We added menus, check lists, multiple selects to the query forms - we
are sure it is an improvement in some cases but maybe not always -
give us feedback!
As an incentive for you to write .i, .is and .it files: you can see them
now in color through the 'databank information page'.
The file is at ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/software/unix/srs/srs5.0.5.tar.gz
SRS version 5.0.5
1) Added menus, check lists and multiple select lists to query forms in
SRSWWW. This can be customized in the ".i" files using attribute
.guiInfo of $field and $srsfield and $guiInfo.
2) Added a new function 'PageFlatInfo' to wgetz so that all information
all databank served by SRSWWW can be obtained via a WWW call. This
foundation for building the 'database of databanks' which will
a 'critical mass' of SRS5 servers has been installed.
3) The 'Save' works finally from a single entry, entry list and query
4) All buttons and hypertext links in SRSWWW should now be fully
5) Many little problems have been fixed in the ".i" and ".is" files and
have been added (not problems but .i and .is files! ...maybe also
6) The .i, .it, .is pages accessible through the 'databank information
can now be seen in color which is done by 'SRSICA:colicarus.i'
7) The files 'SRSDB:srsdb.i' and 'SRSDB:srsgen.i' can be also accessed
'databank information page'.
8) All Icarus examples in the SRS documentation are also colorized.
9) Quite a few sections have been added to the chapter 'SRS Server
Maintenance', however, they still need a bit of reviewing.
10) Subentries (features) from EMBLNEW, SWISSPROTNEW can now be safely
11) The sequence of protein databanks have now the correct size
12) The link to the status page has been replaced by a list of SRS5
which will be eventually have a link to the database of databanks.
13) All Icarus functions are now documented and listed within groups
Known problems with this release
see also problems with 5.0.2 (srs.relnotes) - none of these have been
instead there is now a new parsing error when doing 'srsinstall doc'
...don't worry about that!
Thure Etzold, etzold at ebi.ac.uk
Giorgio Verde, verde at ebi.ac.uk
More information about the Bio-srs