Applications as sequences

Tim Dudgeon dudgeon at britbio.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 04:46:43 EST 1997

--------------CFA352F88D59FA4ED3C5AED9

Hi SRS developers,

could you clarify something in SRS5.05 for me. I have some applications
that generate sequences (e.g contig assembbly). However, as applications
they have to be in $library.group @APPLICATION_LIBS, not @SEQUENCE_LIBS.

Is there any way to be able to treat the database generated from the
application as a sequence dastabase, and hence be able to run further
applications on them. I note there is a $library.datatype parameter that
can be set to noseq, dna or protein, but setting this appears to have no
effect (and this parameter is not used in any .i files).

The only solution to me appears to be to call getz once the application
database has been created, to generate all the sequences in the
application database as a seperate file that can then be indexed as a
sequence database, and then link from the application database to the
sequence database to get a the sequences. Not a very elegant solution!

Suggestions welcome.

Tim

--
Dr. Tim Dudgeon				Phone: 01865 748747
British Biotech Pharmaceuticals Plc.	FAX:   01865 717598
Watlington Road, Oxford, OX4 5LY, UK	email: dudgeon at britbio.co.uk
--------------CFA352F88D59FA4ED3C5AED9

begin:          vcard
fn:             Tim Dudgeon
n:              Dudgeon;Tim
org:            British Biotech Pharmaceuticals plc
adr:            Watlington Road;;;Oxford;Oxon;OX4 5LY;UK
email;internet: dudgeon at britbio.co.uk
title:          Dr.
tel;work:       (44) 1865 748747
tel;fax:        (44) 1865 717598