problem in indexing emblnew

Hugh Salter hugh at
Wed Sep 3 05:07:23 EST 1997

In article <5uhh8b$8se$1 at>,
J-L. Risler <risler at> wrote:

>Dear Gurus (and maybe Thure himself...)
>I'm still running SRS4_08 :-( on a Dec Alpha machine.
>I recently upgraded the OS from DU3.2C to DU4.0B. Then I wanted to index
>emblnew (cumulative entries since the last release).
>SRSBUILD won't index the libraries with a core dump and the messages:

When we made this switch, we saw the same problem. It was fixed by
recompiling under the later OS version - some mysterious back end
change I guess. The GCG srsbuild binary was similarly affected.

Dr Hugh Salter                Oxford University Molecular Biology Data Centre
hugh at           Tel: (01865) 2-75507 or 0966-262447
               "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine"