Carry on others ! ( non JavaScript likers ?)

Thure Etzold etzold at
Fri Apr 3 06:55:16 EST 1998

Ramu Chenna wrote in message <6g2b44$m30 at>...
>Hello SRS Admins,
>There was a rumour that SRS lost 90-% of its users !

well, Jonathon Weare thought that srs5 would work only with netscape4 but
there is a problem only with netscape4 clients were javascript is turned
off - my guess is that most people don't even KNOW that javascript can
be disabled in their clients;=)

While i am not exactly a 'javascript lover' i can't see good reasons why it
should be disabled. I found the experiment with the "top page" rather
successful and already changed the "link page" in srs5.2 in a similar
manner. In general we will be adding more and more javascript code to our
pages ...any good reasons why we shouldn't?