Carry on others ! ( non JavaScript likers ?)

Andy Law Andy.Law at
Mon Apr 6 03:42:42 EST 1998

In article <6g2m8u$kcl$1 at>, "Thure Etzold"
<etzold at> wrote:

 >  While i am not exactly a 'javascript lover' i can't see good reasons why it
 >  should be disabled. I found the experiment with the "top page" rather
 >  successful and already changed the "link page" in srs5.2 in a similar
 >  manner. In general we will be adding more and more javascript code to our
 >  pages ...any good reasons why we shouldn't?

None whatsoever, provided you test with each of Navigator 3 and 4 and
Internet Explorer 3 and 4 on X, Windows and Mac to make sure that
everything works the same on each browser on each platform.... and provide
a good system for detecting that javascript is turned off and talking the
naive user through the process of turning it back on again should they

Andy Law
( Andy.Law at )
( Big Nose in Edinburgh )