SRS through GCG?

Staffan Bergh staffan at vespucci.sto.se.pnu.com
Fri May 8 10:06:53 EST 1998

gbottu at ben.vub.ac.be (Guy Bottu) writes:

One solution to the problem would be to simply replace lookup with
something that uses getz directly, e.g. a perl script.

Even neater would be if there was a daemonized version of getz that
could take it's input from a socket, so that you could use the srs
indices on a remote machine.

Has anyone done something along these lines? I've started on the
lookup replacement and was thinking that I would write a perl wrapper
for getz that I could then run as a daemon on the SRS server (since we
have GCG and SRS on different machines), but if it already exists it
would be a bit stupid to reinvent it ...

Cheers /staffan

Staffan Bergh
Pharmacia & Upjohn, P14:5, SE-112 87 Stockholm, Sweden

email:  Staffan.Bergh at eu.pnu.com + Don't let that horse eat that violin
phone:  (int+46)  08 695 9884    +               cried Chagall's mother
fax:    (int+46)  08 695 4084    + but he kept right on painting
mobile: (int+46) 070 898 8829    +             -- Lawrence Ferlinghetti