and geneticcode database ?

Guy Bottu gbottu at
Fri Nov 13 09:23:06 EST 1998

I have installed the file from
but there remain problems.

1. The Icarus files from the EBI contain some error :

$link:[@TAXONOMY_DB to:@?GENETICCODE_DB  token:'name|gc' toField:@DF_ID]
$link:[@TAXONOMY_DB to:@?GENETICCODE_DB  token:'name|mgc' toField:@DF_ID]

makes that the linktable for the mitochondrial code overwrites the linktable
for the code. One solution would be to give both linktables a different name.
Another solution, which I chose, is to merge the two genetic code fields.
You can retrieve the Icarus files from our SRS server at
It turns out that only genetic codes 7 and 8 are not referenced in

2. Alas ! taxonomy does reference genetic codes 13, 14 and 15 and these
are not found in the gc.prt file
Anyone an idea about where to find them ?

	Guy Bottu