taxonomy database ?

Peter Rice pmr at
Tue Nov 17 08:51:11 EST 1998

Heikki Lehvaslaiho <heikki at> writes:
> Peter Rice wrote:
> > But how do I download the EBI's views.i ?
> I suppose you can not. Sorry. A link will be added into SRS web
> interface in due time.
> Put this into your views.i and then srssection:

OK, now I get the view (except I do not see taxonomy as the default view
for the database).

When I look at the up link (red arrow) it looks fine up to "Eukaryota"
but then I see 12 other Taxons including "lobe-finned fish and
tetrapod clade" and "Fungi/Metazoa group" (on my server and the EBI
server). Strange because "Eukaryota" has a parent-id of 1 which should
be straight up to "root".

The common name(s) do not seem to be indexed. Can they be added?

Peter Rice                | Informatics Division, The Sanger Centre,
E-mail: pmr at  | Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
Tel: (44) 1223 494967     | Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, England
Fax: (44) 1223 494919     | URL: