and geneticcode database ?

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at
Tue Nov 17 09:42:55 EST 1998

Guy Bottu wrote:
> : I still only get 6 codes linked. I used the taxonomy file
> :
> That is because the taxonomy.i file at the EBI contains some error. To
> convince yourself of this, search in taxonomy the taxon "homo sapiens"
> and link to geneticcode, you will see that you find only "Vertebratrate
> Mitochondrial" and not "Standard". The cause of the problem is that the
> link from taxonomy to geneticcode is defined twice.
>         Guy Bottu

I've corrected a number of errors. The link is now performed only once
and link keys are read from a new token table created by production
called l_gencode. Since links are created from taxonomy to geneticcode,
the taxonomy files change again. Sorry, Peter!

The previous version of gc.prt file contained the IDs 13-15 so I copied
them from there into a new file and put it into EBI FTP site:

I've informed NCBI about the problem.

After this the only codes that are not referenced by taxonomy database

Query "geneticcode! (taxonomy>geneticcode) " found 2 entries

id 7	Protozoan Mitochondrial (and Kinetoplast)
id 8 	[OBSOLETE, posttranscriptional editing only] Plant

It's all yours to play with now. Have fun,

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho          heikki at