taxonomy database ?

Peter Rice pmr at
Tue Nov 17 11:34:42 EST 1998

Peter Rice <pmr at> writes:
> Still not enough though - Hmmm. EBI has more keys under "taxon"
> indexed on 9-Nov. Searching taxon at EBI lets me find "human" but at
> Sanger it does not.

Something like this difference in an older version of taxonomy.i:

<     $field:[@DF_Taxon code:sciname index:str indexToken:'name|sciname']
>     $field:[@DF_Taxon code:sciname index:str indexToken:name]

name is all the "name" fields. "name|sciname" is the scientific name only.

That fixes it. Time to revert one of your changes ?

Peter Rice                | Informatics Division, The Sanger Centre,
E-mail: pmr at  | Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
Tel: (44) 1223 494967     | Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, England
Fax: (44) 1223 494919     | URL: