$application objects

Tim Cutts timc at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Sep 18 11:23:57 EST 1998

Please excuse me, as a newbie SRS admin, for asking what are probably
stupid questions:

Could someone explain to me the difference between the resultQuery and
resultUrl members of this object?  The resultQuery seems to be used by
SRS to construct a URL anyway, so what's the purpose of the resultUrl?

I notice that blast.i, as supplied with SRS 5.1, does not make use of
resultUrl.

On a related note, what happens if your application, launched from
SRS, takes so long to run that the web browser times out?  I have
recently adapted the blast.i file to run tblastn as well, but tblastn
takes longer to run than the web browser will wait for.  I understand
that the results of the search still get saved someowhere, so how to I
get at them from the WWW browser if the timeout occurs?

Many thanks in advance.

Tim.