How to get around changing .i files while indexing offline

tdeboer at tdeboer at
Tue Sep 21 12:25:53 EST 1999

I'm having trouble with the indexing of my EMBL database.
I would like to index the EMBL database offline, and would have to
change the embl.i files to reflect the adding of a few new .dat files.
But it looks like that screws up the retrieval process of the old
'live' EMBL database, since that now can't find the new files

How do I get around changing and recompiling the .i files when I want
to both index the new database offline and still be able to retrieve
entries from the former release, without having to revert to using two
completely seperate macines ?

Thon de Boer