SRS and GCG databases

Sankhavaram, Krishna Krishna.Sankhavaram at
Sun Dec 3 15:14:09 EST 2000

I am a new user/adminstrator of SRS. We have just installed SRS on our Alpha
server. I would like to know how to configure SRS so I can use my existing
GCG formatted databases. I tried to follow the steps that were recommended,
but could not get it to work. SRS does not recognize my gcgdata directory.
I also want to know if we can have both GCG formatted datafiles and other
public databases, such as HGBASE and dbSNP.

Please reply. Thank you for the help.