LINUX and >2 Gbyte files

Guy Bottu gbottu at bigben.vub.ac.be
Thu Oct 19 08:46:34 EST 2000

	Dear colleages,

We are busy installing an SRS 6 server on a PC with Linux. We hit on a
problem : with the last release of EMBL the size of some indexes grew
beyond the limit of 2 Gbyte (not supported by a conventional file system
on 32 bit machine). More in particular, it are the FeatureDescription
and the Authors indexes who became too big, although I suspect that
Authors is abnormally large because of some bug.

Therefore this question : Has anyone already succeeded in making SRS 6
work on a PC under LINUX with index files bigger than the limit ?

	Guy Bottu