SRS 6 on RedHat 7.2

Andrew Emerson a.emerson at
Fri Apr 12 04:37:02 EST 2002

Dear all

I am having problems with  SRS on a linux system with Red Hat
7.2 (kernel 2.4.7). The installation was  fairly painless but the
configuring procedure ignores what changes I make to the srsdb.i file.
For example, srscheck reports the making of the SRSBOOKS indices but not
the databases I have installed, for example locuslink. I believe I have
removed the comments of the appropriate lines, set the directories
correctly and the .i and .is files exist.
srsbuild gives me the following error:
srsbuild -w locuslink
error: unknown object, library "locuslink" does not exist

It really seems that srsdb.i is not being read.
Any clues?

Andy Emerson

 Andrew Emerson
CINECA (High Performance Systems)
via Magnanelli, 6/3
40033 Casalecchio di Reno (BO)-ITALY
tel: +39-051-6171653, fax: +39-051-6132198
e-mail: a.emerson at