Problem indexing EMBL

"benedict arnold JIC benedict.arnold at
Tue Oct 5 11:26:57 EST 2004

Hi Carlos,

if I had to have a wild guess it looks like you've updated the SRS binaries from 7.1.3 to If you're using EMBL as a virtual library then what is likely to have happened is that emblnew has been indexed using the binaries and emblrelease has been indexed using the 7.1.3 binaries. Unfortunately, because of a efw bugs that were fixed between the two versions this creates incompatible indices and the creation of the EMBL virtual library fails due to the differing index types. There are 2 solutions, roll back to 7.1.3 binaries, re-index emblnew and then recreate the embl virtual library sortsets and links, or, solution 2, is to re-index emblrelease using the binaries and do it that way. As embl release 80 has been recently released, you might want to do what I did and migrate to that now and index both emblrelease and emblnew using the srs7.1.3.1 binaries.

hope that helps

Ben Arnold
Computational Biology Group - User Support
John Innes Centre
Colney Lane