[Q] Can't Run Mosaic

Cyndi Smith cyn at odin.mda.uth.tmc.edu
Mon Nov 7 15:34:27 EST 1994

In article <IiieFrO00WBME7H3VF at andrew.cmu.edu>, Damian M Bierman
<db8f+ at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> I'm having a most annoying problem.  Every time I try to run Mosaic
> (either v 1.08 or v. 2.0a8) on my Macintosh Centris 650, it shows the
> window, and then up where it shows the status, it says "unable to
> connect to remote host"  This is most perplexing to me, for a friend of
> mine up the hall has the SAME computer, with the SAME network set up,
> and he has no problem running Mosaic whatsoever!

> Is there a possible configuration problem somewhere?  I would appreciate
> any input anyone has to offer.

Sounds like a MacTCP problem, maybe.  Do you have at least MacTCP 2.0.2?
Do you have any other connection problems?  That is my best guess....

Cyndi Smith                                           Computer Programmer
Department of Biomathematics       M.D.Anderson Cancer Center, Houston TX
Phone: 713/794-4938                                     Fax: 713/792-4262