[Q] Where can i find html mail systems & Guestbook's

Reinhard Doelz doelz
Fri Nov 18 02:32:47 EST 1994

saevik jan (jan_saev at embla.gih.no) wrote:
: Can anybody help me locate those neat pages that makes able
: to leave a message or mail people from html-pages.
: I have seen those types of html-pages on lots of WWW sites
: and i wounder how it is done.

The most recent versions of some browsers support the 'mailto' method.
This comfortable feature allows a provider to state a single URL and the
'client' has to do all the work. The other alternative is to have the
provider do a fill-out FORMS which is then sent to the host via WWW as
a complex 'query', and processed accordingly.

The newsgroup bionet.software.www uses a PERL script via a CGI POST
method. The latter is
# ||Copyright 1993 Steven E. Brenner                                    ||
# ||Unpublished work.                                                   ||
# ||Permission granted to use and modify this library so long as the    ||
# ||copyright above is maintained, modifications are documented, and    ||
# ||credit is given for any use of the library.                         ||

Maybe this helps
Regards
Reinhard

--
 R.Doelz         Klingelbergstr.70| Tel. x41 61 267 2247  Fax x41 61 267 2078|
 Biocomputing        CH 4056 Basel| electronic Mail    doelz at ubaclu.unibas.ch|