Texas A&M University Plant Diversity Information Center WWW Home Page

Reinhard Doelz doelz
Wed Oct 12 01:06:17 EST 1994

[ Article crossposted from bionet.announce,comp.infosystems.announce ]
[ Author was Leland Ellis ]
[ Posted on 11 Oct 1994 13:48:02 -0700 ]

A new experimental biodiversity WWW site, "Texas Plant Diversity", is
now available via the Home Page of the Texas A&M University Plant
Diversity Information Center (PDIC), at this URL:

http://straylight.tamu.edu/tamu/pdic.html

This informatics resource is an effort by Texas A&M University faculty
to explore problems associated with data presentation from differing
sources of information.  The site includes searchable data resources
derived from collections (TAMU Herbarium), broad-based
floristic/taxonomic data resources (The Checklist of the Vascular
Plants of Texas), and available information on critical/endangered
taxa (Texas Organization of Endangered Species).

The Texas A&M PDIC is a collaborative effort by the:

W.M. Keck Center for Genome Informatics (Leland Ellis)
Department of Biology (Hugh Wilson)
Department of Rangeland Ecology and Management (Stephan Hatch)
Texas Organization for Endangered Species (TOES)

Comments and suggestions are most welcome to:

leland at straylight.tamu.edu
h-wilson at tamu.edu

Leland Ellis, Ph.D.       			       /^\___/^\
Professor of Biochemistry and Biophysics	      {         }
Director, W.M. Keck Center for Genome Informatics    {   0   0   }
Institute of Biosciences and Technology		     {     *     }
Texas A&M University				       {   -   }
2121 Holcombe					         {   }
Houston, Texas  77030
                                                      Misty Maggoo

email: leland at straylight.tamu.edu

"We all live in the world as we imagine it, as we create it."

Andrey Tarkovsky, 'Sculpting in Time -- Reflections on the Cinema'

 R.Doelz         Klingelbergstr.70| Tel. x41 61 267 2247  Fax x41 61 267 2078|
 Biocomputing        CH 4056 Basel| electronic Mail    doelz at ubaclu.unibas.ch|
 Biozentrum der Universitaet Basel|-------------- Switzerland ---------------|