[Q] ImageMapping

Neal Dalton nrd at scrapie.med.umn.edu
Tue Oct 18 16:38:25 EST 1994

Felix Slager (F.Slager at PObox.ruu.nl) wrote:
: Hi there,
: I'm looking for imagemapping software in order to make 'hot spots' in .gif
: images. I'm trying to make some decent HTML pages for a hypertext journal
: concerned with neurophysiological and psychonomic research results and
: would like to ad this feature.

: Could someone please help me finding the tools with which I can make
: images active in a graphical hypertext browser like Mosaic or Cello?

Try mapedit:

package=mapedit
     comment=HTML Map editor
     site=sunsite.unc.edu
     remote_dir=/pub/packages/infosystems/WWW/tools/mapedit
     #follow_local_symlinks=true
     # Local_dir+ causes gnu to be appended to the default local_dir
     # so making /public/gnu
     local_dir+mapedit
     #exclude_patt+|-hp700|-ibm|-indy|-dec|-alpha
     #get_patt=menu*
     # I tend to only keep the latest couple of versions of things
     # this stops mirror from retrieving the older versions I've removed
     max_days=7
     #mail_to+ gsker at lenti.med.umn.edu
     do_deletes=false

Neal