[DI] Survey of WWW servers for primer design

fvega at gene.cinvestav.mx fvega at gene.cinvestav.mx
Wed Mar 27 12:28:00 EST 1996

Dear Colleagues,

I am about to finish a review of the techniques to design
oligonucleotide primers for sequencing and PCR. This review will be a
chapter in a Springer-Verlag Laboratory Manual titled "Preparation,
Analysis and Applications of Synthetic Oligonucleotides", that I am
editing.

The review should contain a list and evaluation of the public domain and
comercial software available for this purpose, either dedicated, or
within a wider coverage package. I am also including a review of the
available WWW servers performing this kind of analysis.

In order to cover all WWW servers delivering this kind of services,
I would appreciate if you can post any information related to
servers you know, have used, or manage.

I thank you in advance if you can take a few minutes to post your
comments to this forum.

Sincerely,

        Francisco M. De La Vega
Fax:(525)747-7100
        Assistant Professor
Tel:(525)747-7000
        Dept. of Genetics and Molecular Biology                 ext.
5355
        CINVESTAV-IPN, A.P. 14-740,                     E-Mail:
        Mexico D.F. 07000, Mexico
fvega at gene.cinvestav.mx
        URL:http://www.gene.cinvestav.mx/~fvega