Phosphorylation Prediction?

Mike Mitchell m.mitchell at
Fri Aug 22 03:33:19 EST 1997

In article <33F9533D.18F at>, Sang-Chul Nam
<nam at> wrote:

> Could anyone let me know the web site or software
> for the prediction of phosphorylation site of
> any protein?

You could try using a software apckage that can use the PROSITE dictionary
of protein motifs. There are a number of phosphorylation sites included,
however you may need to tweak the default settings as these sites are normally
not used as they are frequently found.

GCG - motifs (with option frequent)
MacPattern (with skipped set)

Prosite is also available at the EXPASY web site and there is a search page:

Michael Mitchell                 "Smoke me a kipper,
User Support                  I'll be back for breakfast."
Molecular Biology Software      Ace Rimmer, Test Pilot
+44 (0)171 269 3115                BBC-TV Red Dwarf           ENFJ