No subject was specified.

Richard Friedman friedman at cuccfa.ccc.columbia.edu
Thu Jan 22 03:48:36 EST 1998

Fellow Cyberpunks,

     I am repeating a question that I asked recently and then
withdrew, thinking that I had the answer, but the fix I  had did not
work out. I am having trouble saving a BLAST2 output html page
using Netscape Navigator 4 (w/o Page Composer) on the Mac.
When I save as source on Netscape 3.0 using Save As, and the
Source option, it saves as a text file, that when opened with
Navigator 3.0 reproduces the original HTML page. On the other
hand, I can only save it in Communicator 4.0 by using the
Edit Page option. When I try this in just plain Navigator 4,
using Save As, Source, I get the first Blast2 web page
as it looked before I selected the kind of BLAST I was using.
I can't get the BLAST output.

 It is important that I do this with just plain Navigator
4 because I will soon be teaching a lab in which the Macs are
equipped with just plain Navigator 4.0 and not Communicator,
and I need the students to be able to save html pages. Getting
the HTML page via e-mail is not an option, because the Macs
in the labs have had their e-mail capabilities disabled
because somebody used them to send irritating anonymous
messages.

Help!
Thanks,
Rich

Richard Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center Computer
and Informatics Resource Center
P&S 1-420C
Columbia University
630 W. 168th St.
New York, NY 10032
(212)305-1667 (voice) (212)305-6926 (fax)
friedman at cuccfa.ccc.columbia.edu