New Issue of AgBioForum

UMC AGECON AgBioForum AgBioForum at missouri.edu
Fri Jan 29 06:32:42 EST 1999

		I am writing to inform you that the second issue of
AgBioForum is now on-line
		(http://www.agbioforum.missouri.edu/).  The second issue
deals with the structural impacts of biotechnology on the agri-food chain
and the ongoing industry consolidation. Contributed papers focus on the
impacts of industry consolidation on farmers; the impacts on the various
upstream related industries - chemicals and seeds; and the impacts on the
processing and food industries.  Additional papers address the affect of
intellectual property rights on industry consolidation;  the valuation and
expected performance of seed and biotechnology company acquisitions; and
give a European perspective on the recent consolidation of the seed
industry.

		AgBioForum is an on-line magazine which publishes articles
on the economics and management of agricultural biotechnology.  AgBioForum
is edited and published out of the University of Missouri-Columbia, and is
funded by the Illinois-Missouri Biotechnology Alliance (IMBA).  Contributors
are academics, private and public sector analysts, and decision makers.  It
is available free-of-charge.

		I hope that you will find this issue a useful resource.  If
you have any specific questions please contact
		umcageconagbioforum at missouri.edu
<mailto:umcageconagbioforum at missouri.edu> .  Information on membership,
editorial policy, and submissions is available on-line.

		Leonie A. Marks, Ph.D.
		Managing Editor
		AgBioForum

		e-mail: MarksLA at missouri.edu <mailto:MarksLA at missouri.edu>