Tools for Molecular Biologists

Kevin Karplus karplus at
Thu Mar 16 15:41:50 EST 2000

In article <8aqseq$h8q$1 at>, Dr. Andrew M. Kropinski <kropinsk at> writes:
|> "Online Analysis Tools" is a compendium of annotated online sites for
|> the analysis of  nucleic acids (restriction maps, promoter sites,
|> repeats etc.) and proteins (chemical analysis, secondary structure,
|> motifs etc.).  It also lists sites for database searches (BLAST, FASTA
|> etc.) and phylogenetic analysis.  While the chosen sites emphasize those
|> of use to molecular microbiologists they are useful for molecular
|> biologists working with eukaryotes as well. This site is updated
|> regularly.

I'd like to suggest some other sites to add to this one.
The best secondary structure prediction for proteins at CASP3 was

A new site that does search, multiple alignment, fold recognition, and
secondary structure prediction for proteins with one easy interface is ours:
(I think that our secondary structure predictor may now be better than
PSIPRED, with about 78% correct prediction, but I understand PSIPRED
has made improvements over the last couple of years also.)

These sites might be useful to add to "Online Analysis Tools" suite.
Kevin Karplus 	karplus at
Effective Cycling Instructor #218-ck
Anything below this line is junk added by others without my approval.