SRS and multiple retrievals

David Martin david.martin at biotek.uio.no
Wed Sep 27 05:26:08 EST 2000

On 6 Sep 2000, test tester wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to retrieve data for multiple SWISS-PROT accession numbers;
> I have these in a file.  Is it possible to use the SRS to retrieve all
> the sequences by passing the file of accession numbers?  Is there any
> sequence retrieval program that can do this.  Appreicate any help or
> reference.  Thanks,

I would use EMBOSS myself.. SEQRET will retrieve multiple sequences from
SwissProt if given a list file.

..d

> Ram.
>

> ---

*  Dr. David Martin                  Biotechnology Centre of Oslo   *
*  Node Manager                      Gaustadalleen 21               *
*  The Norwegian EMBNet Node         P.O. box 1125 Blindern         *
*  tel +47 22 84 05 35               N-0317 Oslo                    *
*  fax +47 22 84 05 01               Norway                         *