bioinformatics.ca announcements list
francis at cmmt.ubc.ca
Wed Nov 21 05:59:42 EST 2001
Dear Web-aware-Bionet announcements readers,
We would like to tell you about a new web page and a way of keeping
up-to-date about changes to that page and its related activities.
1) Announcing a new Canadian web resource: http://bioinformatics.ca/
Things you will find there:
* All you wanted to know about the Canadian Bioinformatics
Workshops (CBW). Dates for 2002, new workshops, venues for these
workshops, about the faculty providing the training, bursaries
for the workshops, and about the UBC/UofT/UNB sponsored
Certificate in Bioinformatics.
* Bioinformatics events boards
* Worldwide (bioinformatics.ca curated) bioinformatics recsourses
* "Who's who" in the Canadian bioinformatics scene
* Canadian Bioinformatics programs
* Canadian Bioinformatics courses
* Canadian Bioinformatics jobs board
3) The new dates for the CBW workshops -- 2002 edition:
Bioinformatics: February 18 - March 2, Vancouver. Apply by December 14, 2001.
Proteomics: April 29 - May 4, Windsor. Apply by February 15
* NCBI Toolkit: May 6 - 18, Windsor. Apply by February 22.
* Programming I: July 15 - July 27, Montreal. Apply by May 3.
Developing the Tools: August 9 - 16, Edmonton. Apply by June 15.
Genomics: October 28 - November 2, Montreal. Apply by August 13.
* = new workshops in 2002!
4) * I'd like to draw your attention to an opportunity for five
* recent Computer Science graduates (u/g or grad) to receive a
* $5000 bursary enabling them to attend either the CBW
* Bioinformatics Workshop in Vancouver in February/March 2002 or
* the NCBI Toolkit workshop in Windsor in May, 2002.
Bursaries for Life sciences and Computer sciences graduates. See
more details at: http://www.bioinformatics.ca/bursaries.php
* If you want to get on a list of announcements for
bioinformatics.ca, please visit:
Please note that this is not a mailing list open to all, only
infrequent messages from the bioinformatics.ca staff will be posted
here, and we believe that they will always be of high content value
for your mail box. (as you can see from this message!)
As always, please feel free to contact us (curators at bioinformatics.ca)
if you have any questions/interest in Canadian Bioinformatics
announcements, or have any concerns about anything on
Salutation a tous,
| B.F. Francis Ouellette Tel: (604) 875-3815 |
| Director, Bioinformatics Core Facility Fax: (425) 740-6978 |
| CMMT, UBC, Canada http://www.cmmt.ubc.ca/ouellette |
| francis at cmmt.ubc.ca http://bioinformatics.ca |
More information about the Bio-www