cysteins:prediction of the redox state?

Paul Davis Paul at
Mon Apr 29 04:18:53 EST 2002

On 25 Apr, in article
     <148cf41c.0204241205.1e810424 at>
     dahau at "Volodya Mumarov" wrote:

> Could anybody suggest me, where I could find running instances of the
> above servers, or anything else, which would describe the state of
> cysteins?

1) A rather old method that does not require a computer:-
Fiser A, Cserzo M, Tudos E, and Simon I (1992). Different sequence
environments of cysteines and half cystines in proteins.
FEBS Letters 302: 117-120.

2) A different cyspred server:-

3) I think I saw another method described in a publication
this year.  If I can locate it I will post a followup.

Paul Davis                                   paul at